In this episode, co-hosts Ashka Wirk, CMC, and James Grieve, CMC sit down with Kate Fagan Taylor, CMC to discuss how to build exceptional company cultures that can support and propel your business strategies.
Fagan Taylor is a management consultant and organizational culture strategist, with over 20 years of experience as a strategic leader and executive across a wide range of industries.
The topic of workplace culture can be overwhelming for executives and management consultants alike.
In a fascinating discussion, Fagan Taylor explains the importance of ‘culture with intention’- and how management consultants can help raise awareness of workplace culture with executives, so that it can be assessed, improved, and celebrated.
Here are some of the key takeaways from Episode 10:
- Fagan Taylor’s unique career journey from a non-profit, community-based role, to working in governance, leading a start-up, and working as an executive coach and management consultant.
- How ‘work culture’ should be defined.
- How management consultants can offer a language for executives to talk about workplace culture.
- How company culture should be considered inseparable from business strategy.
- A helpful framework for assessing workplace culture.
- Case study examples of how Fagan Taylor helped bridge the gap between workplace culture and strategy.
- How companies are incorporating diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility as part of conversations about workplace culture.
- How employees are valuing workplace culture in their decision-making on employment opportunities; including the importance of a sense of belonging and a flexible work environment.
- How customer values can shape internal workplace culture.