In this episode of the Think FASTT podcast, BenchSci SVP of Product & Science Casandra Mangroo talks about her career path and approach to product leadership on technology involving both biomedicine and machine learning. Topics include:
- How she got interested in science, and the life event that stopped her becoming a doctor
- Lack of female role models in STEM and her passion to fix this
- Why networking is critical and how it helped her land a job at BenchSci
- How she learned to stop always saying yes—and what to do instead
- Prioritizing, breaking through barriers, and having tough conversations to drive product success
- The importance of radical candor and being direct and honest
- Exploring options and experimenting to advance your career
You can learn more about Mangroo on her LinkedIn profile at www.linkedin.com/in/casandra-mangroo-57573539/.
Like what you heard? Be sure to learn more about BenchSci at www.benchsci.com, and about our culture at careers.benchsci.com.