Key highlights of this podcast:
- Inspiring family journey to establish a life and business in Canada.
- Early exposure to the family business and entrepreneurial beginnings with the independent lumber remanufacturing company.
- Insights of Amar's approach to acquiring distressed assets and creating value through and a strong work ethic.
- Perspective on family wealth, legacy, and the transfer of values and knowledge to the next generation.
- Involvement in philanthropy, including owning the BC Lions football team and supporting youth involvement in sports.
- The significance of community impact and giving back.
About the Guest – Amar Doman
Amar is the founder and sole shareholder of The Futura Corporation. Along with his team he has led and completed numerous acquisitions. Amar’s tireless dedication to creating shareholder value and his vision for long-term thinking when investing or buying companies outright has built The Futura Corporation into one of the largest and fastest growing companies in Canada. To read more, please visit the Futura Corporation website.
About the Host – Jason Boudreau
Jason has built VELA Wealth into an established life and estate planning firm, guiding families as they make meaningful choices at the intersection of life and wealth. Jason’s areas of expertise include intergenerational wealth transfer and estate planning with a focus on advanced insurance-based solutions that incorporate philanthropy and legacy planning. Leveraging these specialties, Jason brings a fresh perspective and outside-the-box thinking to the strategic planning process. To read more, please visit the VELA team page.