Today, I will be sharing an impactful conversation I had with Dr. Rangan Chatterjee about the importance of looking deeper into yourself to help figure out what you truly value, why we should start pursuing what we truly want instead of going after the things people are expecting us to do, and how you can start enriching your mind to to live a more meaningful life.
You can order my new book 8 RULES OF LOVE at 8rulesoflove.com or at a retail store near you. You can also get the chance to see me live on my first ever world tour. This is a 90 minute interactive show where I will take you on a journey of finding, keeping and even letting go of love. Head to jayshettytour.com and find out if I'll be in a city near you. Thank you so much for all your support - I hope to see you soon.
- 00:00 Intro
- 03:39 Is it possible to train our mind and how do we do it?
- 06:46 Why is it important that we learn and open up our minds to alternative thoughts?
- 10:11 Who in your life would you genuinely say is content, happy, and joyful?
- 16:30 We don’t realize how much we are not experiencing in life
- 20:49 Getting to the root of the issue and how we see ourselves
- 27:29 Three ways to stay in the path of pursuing what you truly want to do
- 34:32 People are genuinely well-intentioned and want to do good in the world
- 37:39 When you do values audit, what you are really doing is gardening your values
- 42:19 Learning about yourself is most enjoyable thing in the world
- 46:16 We all have a very limited emotional vocabulary and what does this mean
- 53:38 “In every relationship you have the ability to set the level of joy you expect and the level of pain you'll accept.”
- 56:52 When ego starts to dictate how you should express yourself and your feelings for someone
- 01:03:45 Planting powerful ideas in our mind that are useful to us
- 01:05:51 Your life can become more meaningful when you learn the ability to assign meaning where you see it
- 01:11:10 Instead of just feeling gratitude, it becomes more powerful when you express it daily
- 01:18:48 Expressing genuine and well-explained gratitude should always be shared even when you feel uncomfortable
- 01:21:36 The most worthless pursuits is wasting your time trying to change how someone thinks of you
- 01:23:07 “It’s impossible to build happiness on the unhappiness of others.”
- 01:28:23 It isn’t necessary to document every aspect of your life on screen
- 01:35:27 Are you being authentic to who you are with what you’re trying to do?
- 01:38:28 The three S’s that hugely impacts how we feel about ourselves
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shettyhttps://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.