Setting foot into the garden for the first time? Looking to expand your gardening horizons? Wondering where to begin? Start small…with container gardening. We talk with Pam Farley, author of the new book, “The First Time Gardener: Container Food Gardening.” Experienced gardeners will pick up handy tips, too.
You’ll find out:
• You’ll find out the best tools and implements to use to add drain holes in wood, ceramic, metal and terracotta pots.
• Different pots have different shapes: square, round, rectangular, cylindrical, vase shaped. Each of those will look better in certain parts of the yard. We will direct you to the right place for those pots.
• And to keep those pots draining, Pam Farley has some tips and tricks for keeping the water flowing.
We’re podcasting from Barking Dog Studios here in the beautiful Abutilon Jungle in Suburban Purgatory. It’s the Garden Basics with Farmer Fred podcast, brought to you today by Smart Pots and Dave Wilson Nursery. Let’s go!
Previous episodes, show notes, links, product information, and transcripts at our home site , GardenBasics.net. Transcripts and episode chapters also available at Buzzsprout.
Pictured: Pam Farley, author - “The First Time Gardener: Container Food Gardening”
Book - The First Time Gardener: Container Food Gardening
Pam Farley’s website, BrownThumbMama.com
Episode 168-Award Winning Vegetables and Flowers, Pt 1
Episode 169-Award Winning Vegetables and Flowers, Pt 2
Blossom End Rot of Tomatoes (Garden Basics Episode)
Farmer Fred Rant: Tomato Blossom End Rot
All About Farmer Fred:
The GardenBasics.net website
The Garden Basics with Farmer Fred Newsletter, Beyond the Basics
The Farmer Fred Rant! Blog
Facebook: "Get Growing with Farmer Fred"
Farmer Fred Garden Minute Videos on YouTube
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from possible links mentioned here.
Got a garden question?
• Leave an audio question without making a phone call via Speakpipe, at https://www.speakpipe.com/gardenbasics
• E-mail: email@example.com