In this weeks episode we cover the Relationship sphere and the Relationship component in hopes we can uncover new and better ways to deal with our emotions and how to relate to others that have no idea what the hell we're feeling - and we may not know what we're feeling either, lolol.
One of my main issues is that I have been feeling things, my self, my relationships - everything in between, through this stunted and hazed set of goggles for so long I am not sure how to put my feelings into words, let alone feel them.
Addiction recovery is tough. Now bring others into the mix, which, you know, is gonna happen in life, and it becomes that much more layered and confusing. Here are my not so genius ways to start the process of connecting without substances.
- Verbalize your feelings to the person in front of you.
- When playing mental gymnastics, meaning you are running countless scenarios in your head, verbalize the thought process you are going through to the person/people involved.
- Be willing to hear someone else's opinion, thoughts, and/or feelings on a subject and don't get emotionally triggered when they don't agree with you.
- When emotionally triggered, breathe deep, and think to yourself how you would feel if you expressed yourself to someone and they just shut you down without hearing you out.
- Realize it's gonna take a lot of time, effort and work to get your emotional mind right - don't worry, you have time, and best of all - you are sober.
Tips to dating an addict:
Also, please subscribe, rate and review the show to help us spread the word about this awesome free content. Your simple action of rating and reviewing does wonders in helping others find the show.
If you have questions you'd like addressed on the show, want to book me to speak at an event, or want to recommend or be a guest on this show, please contact me through any of the social media links below or via email. Feel free to contact me here for any other reason as well: