This week Erik and Kris discuss Apple's Halloween-themed 'Scary Fast' event and its slew of new tech, the implications of Biden's AI executive order, and OpenAI's influence on startup innovation.
The Verge, "Apple's Spooky 'Scary Fast' Event Introduces M3 Chip Family,"
- Provides an overview of Apple's October 30th, 2023 event with a Halloween theme and evening timing. Highlights include the M3 chip family introduction and updates to the iMac and MacBook Pro models, new color options, Touch Bar removal, and accessory port choices.
MacRumors, "Everything Announced at Apple's October 2023 Event,"
- Covers specifics of the M3 series chips, the new Space Black MacBook Pro, product configurations, battery life, pricing, performance enhancements, the discontinuation of older models, and product availability.
Macworld, "Apple's Evening 'Scary Fast' Mac Event Highlights,"
- Dives into Apple's first evening event, detailing GPU improvements, the M3 chip family introduction, new Space Black color options, and Apple's marketing and event filming techniques.
Macworld, "Apple Event Critique: M3 Chips and Marketing Shifts,"
- Focuses on the release of the M3 chips, the pricing strategy for the new MacBook Pro, and the event's experimental presentation style, including filming with an iPhone 15 Pro Max.
Six Colors, "A Magic Number: New MacBook Pros and iMacs Usher in the M3 Era,"
- Likely analyzes the impact of the M3 chip on the new MacBook Pros and iMacs, discussing the broader implications for Apple's product lineup and the tech industry.
Vox, "Biden's Latest AI Executive Order,"
- Discusses the new executive order by President Biden aimed at regulating AI technology and its ethical use, detailing the government's approach to fostering innovation while ensuring privacy, security, and equity.
Futurism, "OpenAI's Stance on Startups and Tech Utilization,"
- Explores OpenAI's position on how startups can leverage its technology, highlighting the potential impacts on innovation and the startup ecosystem, with insights into the balance between collaboration and competition.
Erik Christiansen, Co-Founder & Co-Host
Kris Hans, Co-Founder & Co-Host Website: krishans.ca
Show notes created with help from ChatGPT 4.
The transcript is AI-generated. Please excuse any errors.